Pottery Barn look... with IKEA?

We're still after a Pottery Barn type look.
It's supposedly "Transitional" ie between traditional and modern.  As much as I like rustic I don't want to go log cabin so I suppose the label of "transitional" works for me.

I watched some videos on YouTube which I thought I'd share as I think the houses are gorgeous... they aren't even PB houses, they were just used for PB photo shoots from what I can tell.




Unfortunately we don't have the PB type budget to play with but it does sound like it may be a good idea to engage a stylist from PB USA to help us out ;)  (it's their sales pitch).  We'll just have to struggle along with our own ideas.  I just hope we don't cheapen out and end up with more IKEA furniture although a lot of it does work for us.

Here are some photos of some IKEA stuff I'm contemplating or just like

Maybe this type of thing for the laundry? although it's a bit too modern for me still... maybe need to resort to the kitchen stuff instead!

If we didn't get a robe I'd be really happy with this!

Maybe white photo frames?  Or black photo frames with white mats?
Someone suggested these chairs/barstools... maybe in white...
Or possibly the natural colour?  White looks more appealing at this stage but I don't want the house to look too black/white!

We're thinking about white shelves although the ones with doors don't open very satisfactorily!





Comments

Popular