Terraforming the block!

Did you ever play Sim City?  I did. And one of the early tasks was flattening ground or raising ground -- or terraforming.

On our own little patch of ground, the terraforming is happening!  Exciting!

So from this block (Friday) where some of the fill has already been delivered:

To some of the work happening:

 



The photos were sent to me by our lovely neighbours.  We're very grateful for them to keep an eye on things!

We were intending to get the timelapse camera up and running in time but you know how it is... and after some basic testing on the weekend there is some more tweaking to be done to get it to work.  But the good news is that we came up with a fantastic way to house it AND not too expensively either.  The specs were that it would need to be outdoor proof (UV protected) be able to have some sort of hood, be easily accessible, could be mounted on the fence or in a fence post, can have a viewfinder spot and be not too big.  

This is what we ended up with:

Letterbox-cam!




Yep!  A cheapie post box and post from Bunnings!  The box was around $11 and the post just over $5.  The plastic box which we deliberated on was over $15 as we wanted it to be a good seal and over hang and be UV tough etc etc.  So this worked out a lot better and much better aesthetically too!

We still needed to put the camera in a sealable box, but there were some lunch boxes I was intending to throw out anyway (I have a fear of BPA plastic problems) so in the ultimate reuse I sacrificed the lunchbox:



And here is the hacked into mailbox.  Used a nibbler (?)  when I said I wanted a go, I was warned that it needed to be straight.  I'm glad I declined after that and it was still crooked ;) but at least it wasn't me that created the crookedness!




Comments

Popular