Weekend musings and some window shopping

Just a quick update as there isn't much to report other than a letter from Sekisui talking about us having a wet site and therefore extending the building contract by a further 5 days. What really irks me is that they are forward claiming up to Tuesday! So rather than saying there is a wet site and they will review it they send a letter to cover for a further 5 days. At this rate we won't be able to get into our house till 2016!!! I think this is the 4th letter we have rec'd... so probably about a month's worth of delay to the finish date. Mind you the date is just an extension so they can finish and not be penalised so there is still a possibility that they finish earlier than the new extended contract date... I just don't like our chances :(

The height of the slab is still exciting for me but it does mean that we need extra screening.  Here's a pic from the Alfresco area:

As you can see it's not the nicest view in the world... and we'll need some tall screens. Previously we thought it'd be OK but with the added height of the slab which we have, eyelevel is now over the fence and I don't like being overlooked!  Hmm the kitchen also looks out to the alfresco/courtyard and I don't really want to see that in the morning when I make brekkie in the kitchen.

I also did some window shopping for furniture and things and thought I'd share (what's the point of taking a photo on a phone for reference if you can't reference it, eh?)

Possible table / column to put our Biorb tank on

Cute picture! But can't think of anywhere it will 'go'

Not that we need a sense of more space but these could be a good type of feature

Coach lights -- maybe a bit too fussy!

Still not sure what we will do with our lights...

This is a good idea (it flips down) if only it came in standing height.

Or maybe this for the Biorb?


This is a gorgeous dining room table!
Pity about the price (it's not that bad but just way over what I want to pay for a table)

Surely I can build this type of thing?  Hmm...

Comments

  1. Window shopping is so exciting.
    1) What's a biorb?
    2) I love those arched mirrors, I've been scoping them out too and think they would look fabulous in the garden.
    3) The dining table is gorgeous but I see what you mean about the price. I'm having similar issues. The first one I saw was $20,000, burned my eyes! See, now <$2000 seems reasonable, doesn't it? It's all about perspective ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. A BiOrb is a spherical fish tank.
    2. I love that mirror too... but just no idea what I'd do with it :)
    3. Yeah perspective is everything! The cost of the table does sound so much more reasonable now Trish! (yikes!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shopping is such a great distraction! I love the dining table! I'm thinking a rustic table paired with contemporary chairs for our dining room. I'm also looking into our lighting options. The pendants for the stairs is proving quite elusive so far.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular