Slowly does it...

The bricks are going up for the floor level (skirt).  The site supervisor called today and reckons that the Brickies will be there all of this week and next week and the services the week following.  So I've now put it in my diary so I can check.

I did pop out to the site to get the mail.  And then Sprocket decides to leave a sloppy present right next to the Brickies' esky!  Yikes!  Anyway I warned them and they smartly moved the esky away from the offending area.  I did take what I could away and covered the rest in the sand they had on the driveway.

The bricks are looking good.  It seems really slow going from what I can see but maybe it will speed up once they get most of the skirt done.  I suppose they are doing the tallest bits at the moment and so there will be less courses for the sides and front of the house.  And one would think the brick piers stumps (?) will be quick...


And the Blackett bricks look lovely!!  I really do wish I had this for the whole house.  Even the Brickies think so!



I forgot to ask or check if the mortar joints were going to be flush or raked as there was some ambiguity there.  We wanted raked but there was some council requirement due to some marine thing about them needing to be flush?

Comments

Popular