Bricking continues (lots of photos)

Bricking continues

The brick work is continuing and I was very surprised to find the gate totally open and non secured on Thursday evening when I popped by after work.

I couldn't help myself and went for a bit of sticky beak... and was so happy to see my courtyard!!

Front of the house still looks pretty unfinished at this stage

Front of the house as I walk down the "driveway"

Lots of stuff being stored in the garage.  Signs of things to come?
Very interesting to see a empty cavity spot in the garage wall.  I assume it's for the electricity meter box but I'm use to these being hung on the wall rather than a gap left for them.  I wonder if that means we can access the meter box from within the garage!  That'd be great for when we do need to check a fuse or something and not have to go out into the weather.
Cavity in garage wall.  Meter box spot?
 I suspect once the rest of the bricks are in and the roof is on this entry way will be pretty dark...
Front doorway looking out
 Usually having walls up makes the room bigger (I thought) but based on looking at the guest room the room looks smaller than it did when it was just the frames.  But maybe that's because it's darker now.  It'll probably look bigger again when the plaster board is in.
Guest room
 The living and dining room area is looking HUGE.  The stacking doors are looking great too although I know someone is thinking of adding the colonial bars back in to complete the look (we opted out at the time as we wanted the 'clear' ones for the view and the colonial bar ones for the courtyard...
Two rear stacking doors
 Speaking of courtyard and colonial bars... here's a pic of the doors with the colonial bars.  I love them!!
One of the courtyard stacking doors
 I do hope they leave us the 'spare' bricks. I'm sure there are a heap of projects we could do with them!  I'm even contemplating paving the courtyard with the sandstock bricks (maybe a bit too much /overwhelming though)
Lots of bricks in the courtyard.  Foreground has the nicer sandstocks which is what the courtyard has

Courtyard - I really like how it's looking!

Courtyard tap.  Only $40 per external tap :)
 Our BBQ spot will be in the courtyard although we could also have one on the Western deck. But the gas point is in the courtyard... and it'll be easier to access the kitchen from the courtyard too.
Lovely french door next to the bbq spot.  

Corner expansion join is looking a bit odd.  I'm sure it's fine... 

BBQ Spot (again)
 You can see the difference in the stacking doors when open and closed in the below photo
More courtyard

Large living space

Lots of framing!

Guest room - I have x ray vision :)
 Our northern wall which most people would suggest we have some windows but we opted not to has some silver wrap... this wall will sport a green vertical wall garden one day...
Northern wall gets some silver wrap
 I love our courtyard but I don't want to be overlooked.  One thing we do need to solve is the screening issue of our neighbours place.
Black colonial bar stacking doors
 I find the brick work amazing.  Looks great from the outside and so slapdash on the inside.  It still has some charm though even if it's oozing out the mortar!
Brick work from the inside

Closed stacking doors with colonial bars

Open stacking doors with colonial bars

Home theatre room
 You can see our upgraded awning windows.  This is going to be handy when it's raining and we want air flow...
Home theatre room

Front facade also gets colonial bars for the windows

Looking in from the courtyard to the library and pantry

Bedroom has some interesting pipes going through this external wall

Garage from the inside looking out our lovely french doors
 Our garage is slightly lower than the height of the house and the ceilings have all been increased so I'm hoping we get the extra height when they put the ceilings in... a big garage is going to be great!
Garage is huge :)

House as at Jan 22nd 2015

Comments

Popular