Fridges and the move in list

I'm trying to keep track of the stuff we need to prepare given that we really don't know when we'll have handover but after the last few weeks of activity we get the feeling it's soon.

The recent posts on this blog have talked about curtains, landscaping and tables as well as internet options as I offer a glimpse into my thoughts about the house when I really should be focusing on other things.  But the house is something I'm really looking to getting into as soon as possible.  There is so much I will miss at my MIL's home but I'm happy to sacrifice it to get into my own space!

I'm using Google Keep to track the items that I need to think about for move it.  It's currently looking like this:


We're really trying to get all the things we need to move in with lined up.  So there are some things we want but will need to wait but this is the minimal list and other things we need to remember to do when moving in.  

Today we put a deposit on a Home Theatre sofa / seat.  W wanted one that wouldn't be too wide, is well priced and allows 3 seats across.  He wants the middle seat so he can enjoy the optimal audiophile seat.  Other seats will be moved in from elsewhere (likely the library area) on a moveable platform that will be carpeted in the same manner which we can prop up out of the way (or as a room divider).  This is still being decided upon...

But we did 'buy' the Home Theatre seats.  There is a 10 week delivery time frame.  Strangely enough we have purchased those even when not on the list above... hmm... I better get a move on the fridge side of things (more below).

Home Theatre Seats

We purchased the seats from Chipping Norton from a place I found via Google called Lounge in Comfort.  We chose the Boston style ones.

Here's a pic of a 2 seat version of the home theatre sofas:


We went with a fabric one in Slate (a grey colour) in a 3 seater configuration and the silver / stainless cup holders.  The interesting thing about this company is that the 3 seater also has the cupholders and the reclining function.  We didn't upgrade anything and getting it for $1037 plus delivery fees.

Here's a pic of the warehouse (from being seated in one of the home theatre recliners):

Other preparatory window shopping

We also did a stop at Flower Power and Masters (we went to Masters rather than Bunnings as because it is air conditioned!) as we need to think about other bits and bobs.  We really should have been more focused on the fridge option but I think we'll end up with the IKEA fridge as it's the cheapest and best warranty option for what we want.

We did start doing something for the landscaping... we got something to start building our in bed worm towers for a worm wicking bed.  The way to make these is using a tube, drill some holes it in and build a lid onto it so that worms can come and go in a garden bed.  (Which has a water reservoir).

1 metre x 150mm diameter pipe
Otherwise we didn't really buy anything that practical!  But did some window shopping:

I saw some vertical garden options at Flower Power too:




And a lovely $1500 option to warm up the outdoors...

Outdoor fireplace that is like our Bakers oven!
 As part of our approvals we need to screen a window.  I think we can use 2 or 3 of these to build it:
Screening Option for the window?

We are thinking of vinyl for the garage floor as the Epoxy options for the garage floor seems like it may be a bit difficult to get right.

Some of these are pretty amazingly priced at only $10 per metre (for 2 metre widths), although the checker plate version is $17.50 per 2 metre width.




Fridge Options

Only two fit our criteria at Masters.  There was a Samsung side by side fridge that was $1899 that seemed to meet our criteria, but then we saw a lovely black Whirlpool one for $1599.  (This was at Masters).  They have a free delivery option at the moment but it would be immediate delivery and we aren't ready for that.  Delivery is $75.



I think the fridge is the same as what is in IKEA anyway and that one is Stainless Steel.  I think I prefer the black but there is a premium on it if the one at IKEA comes with a 5 year guarantee  and is $100 cheaper.  I think delivery is $59



IKEA appliances (in Australia at least) are created in conjunction with Electrolux and Whirlpool so that makes me a lot more confident about them.  

The others I'm looking at are a lot more expensive and I'm still not convinced they would be better.  I'll have to rant another day about lack of ability to compare fridges somewhere easily.  Appliances Online is probably one of the better ones but due to 'dirty data' it's not very accurate.  (I am specifically looking for a plumbed in fridge that has an indoor ice and water dispenser.  And the ice has to be able to be crushed or cubed.)

Sneak Peek!

And introducing our latest family member!
We are trialling out a new doggie friend and getting ready for when Sprocket won't have company during the day (when we move home).  He can have doggie company.  In principle we've adopted this fuzzy fellow:


He stayed around for over and hour and I'll pick him again tomorrow for a play date.  His name is Bronco but even the rescue lady is calling him Bronx so I think we'll stick with that.  I was thinking we'd have to choose something that rhymed and was going to go with Bongo but I do think Bronx would be a good name!  







Comments

Popular