Insulation (Pretty in Pink)

Our insulation was mostly installed on Wednesday and Thursday.  I got a call from our SS on Wednesday indicating the home theatre insulation was wrong and that the right stuff would be brought the next day to be installed.  

So previously as you will see in the photos below I had taken photos of our batts and they were indicated at R1.7 but in our plans and contract it stipulates R1.8.  Not that I'm at all knowledgeable how R values correlate for noise but I'm sure there is a reason they have used that for designation.  

Interestingly enough we don't really know what got installed... and from this website about insulation and the Fletcher brand of insulation I don't think there is a suitable product that is designated R1.8.  So who knows what they did.  But they were good enough to use the 'extra' stuff they had to put in other internal walls so not to waste it.  See the bottom of this post for more pics I grabbed from the brochure about wall and ceiling insulation.

I assume the guys have to come back to do the rest of these ceiling batts!
 We also got our plasterboard delivered during the week.  I can't wait to see what the house looks like when these go up.  I think our SS said the ceiling ones go in first so maybe these are just the ceiling panels?
Insulated garage with our plasterboard!  Surely this is not all the plasterboard?

I have no idea what Back Blocking Adhesive does.  But we have a big bag of it! (see below my research)

Home theatre - they are pinker batts than the other wall batts.

Air conditioning ducting.  Makes me think of a space movie

Back living area

Lots of cables waiting on a cabinet to go into.

Beam me up Scotty!  Oh it's just an air conditioning thing.

My office

Wonky photo of the plasterboard delivery into the garage

Our (external) wall batts

Supposedly the wrong batts for us.  I wonder what they ended up installing?

Prior to installation they were bundled up in the garage

Cables pre insulation


Sparkie consultation
 Our SS had to check the paperwork on the missing tap and my stupid question about the colour of the FC above the courtyard doors (and other windows).  It's going to be Monument.  I'm probably going to paint it to match the black doors if it looks too light in Monument!
Our SS's bible about our build
 Our SS is great.  Moved our roof access panel from an awkward position to something better.  On the spot he moved it!  :)
Our RA is getting moved

Our SS in action!

The garage is great temp space

Insulation Research

Ok only about 5 minutes worth of research but all interesting stuff!
We have some sort of anticon blanket, not sure of the brand but I am sure this type of thing applies to us.  
 Effectively we have R5.5 / R5.3 for our roof.

For our internal walls I'm not sure if we ended up with the Sonobatts or Quietwall but it's interesting how apparently 90mm studs are better.  I'm not sure what we have but the plans indicate a 90mm 'wall' so not sure if that means 90mm studs


Interesting how the batts really only take an additional 5-7 dB of noise out!  Hmm...

And the Sonobatts really don't come in R1.8.  So what do you think was installed?  All we know is that it was more orange-y than the standard pink batts.  Or was it the other way around?

And for those of you who want to know what that back blocking adhesive is for... it helps do something about sticking the gyprock up :)


Comments

Popular