Benchtops and Sinks!


Our Site Supervisor is fantastic!  He managed to secure those elusive Carboni sinks which apparently are in high demand and there were none on the horizon.  When he saw there were 6 in stock he quickly nabbed us 3.  Phew!  With the tile in and now the sinks in... surely it's relatively smooth sailing from here??

The first thing I noticed today when I got to site was the overflowing mailbox (election time...) and when I went down the driveway... this:

Spot the difference!
You may think it just looks like the site as per normal but I've been noticing the missing piece of plasterboard that was meant to be above the garage opening.  Today I noticed that it is now fixed!  I have no idea what colour it will go.  Well I do have an idea.  It should be either Monument or Evening Haze.  Let's hope it's Evening Haze to match the garage door!

OK for those of you following along here is a slightly older photo so you can see the difference:


Now you see it, right?


The excitement continued... when I saw the stacking doors were open!

And lead me to... benchtops!

Kitchen is pretty much complete

Laundry sink up close and personal

Benchtop.  Overhanging which is... interesting

Benchtop under wraps

Bathroom sink wastes

I wonder if these are pop up wastes?  If not, I know they are cheap and easy to fit in after handover.

Just in case they remove it later during clean up I  have a photo!

Sinks are looking good!

The bathroom benchtops are looking darker than what I expected.  It's Walnut just couldn't remember them...

Shower niche.  Yep I love it!

Cavity Sliding door.  Now with the top hanging thingos!

Ensuite twin sink! The upgrade that wasn't an upgrade.
When going through the tender process we asked them to spec in the double sink in the ensuite.  Then we were told it was something astronomical so we removed it.  Only to be told it was 'standard' and they removed the upgrade fee!  *roll eyes*.  I wonder if it would have been noticed if they didn't realise it was standard.

My view from the study back into the house (and courtyard!)


Love this HUGE room

Bathroom almost complete

Up close and personal with my feature tiles. <3

Main bathroom sink
 Hmmm... lots of space for toiletries!

Bathtub space.  Got all excited about the insulation and then realised it was just the wall insulation!

Better view of the bathroom sink

Even the kitchen sink is in!

Kitchen benchtop... doesn't look quite right!
Not sure the grey Caesarstone goes with the dark cabinetry... 

Cute Kookaburra sitting on our fence!


View from one of the rear stackers which was open

One of the next big things is the rain water tank.  It goes on the slab in the pic above where the wheel barrow has been moved to.  Obviously something is being done here.  But not sure what?

Drop from Laundry door
The laundry door opens into nothing at the moment.  A set of timber stairs is to be built here but apparently after the rainwater tank gets installed.  Makes sense.  I just hope the painting (internal) can happen at the same time as the rainwater tank and stairs gets put in.  Surely that can be stacked!

Comments

Popular