Floor cleaning...

As you may have realised we're going with a hard surface for the majority of the house and probably going to be trying to make do for now with all the rugs we already have despite them not being quite the right theme!

But to keep the floors clean and mopped whilst it won't take a hugely long time as we like using microfibre type sweepers and cleaners it still takes time.  Time we don't seem to have even when we are at my MIL's and she does everything!  Some people recommend the robotic floor cleaners like a Robomaid.  We have one of the knock offs and it just wasn't so good.  It's good... just not great.  

Then there is the Robomop.  Something that looks like it will do the job.  It was selling for very cheap previously (one of those Seen on TV type items) but now seems to have climbed up in price.  Actually looks like you can probably pick one up for over $20 from ebay so not too bad.



But what I ended up with is something super cute AND does the job.  I love this thing called the Moroco.  It's something I stumbled on via the web somehow.


The pic is from Japan Trend Shop and you can find the item for sale here:
www.japantrendshop.com/mocoro-robotic-fur-ball-vacuum-cleaner-p-1611.html

What I've done though is get a knock off version.  Not as high tech but looks the same.  And it probably functions pretty much the same although it runs constantly but in an intermittent way.  I've blogged about it via my personal blog here:
http://www.nonosesmiley.com/2015/03/mocoro-our-latest-pet-and-gadget-in-one.html

The really cool thing is that it actually works!
Dirty Mocoro

And a video of the Mocoro in action (different video to the one on the blog)

I have visions of me doing little stories about Fuz, Wuz and two other stupid sounding names I have yet to think of (it has 4 colours).

So if you want something that is cute and actually works, consider the Mocoro.  I got mine via Aliexpress.  I have a couple of spares but am thinking of giving them as a gift, as they are hilarious!



Comments

  1. Oh fun! I'm guessing you don't have a cat! Cats would love that thing. For the price it seems worth a try. We have an expensive roomba. It's OK, very inefficient and usually misses the worst crumb patches under our dining table, but at least I feel it shares some of my workload.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular