Furnishings on a budget

I looked at our bank balance.  And the forecast based on items such as


The deck will need to wait, lights will need to wait as will landscaping, plants etc

And all I can think of is 'eeek'.

Our bank balance will be zip.  Zero.  Zilch.  And I won't even have the full list complete.  I can drag in some funds from elsewhere but it's going to be tough.

So I'm thinking of areas I can save.

One area is furniture.  I found some lovely chairs that are ex hotel chairs for $29 each.  And yes they are Moran chairs!  But they have seen better days.  And have seen too much sun and become faded.  But based on a quick google whilst in store, decided I could re-upholster them.  I don't think it will be that hard.  And I could 'make do' for a little while and just use them as is.

We need 2 for the library, 1 for the bedroom.  Each of these will need a footrest.  We also want two as occasional chairs for the lounge setting, so that will be 5 chairs.

(The green one the left is the same shape and looks better but is $79 each - as I'm reupholstering it'll be the brown one for now!)

Bonus is that I found that not too far from us is an DIY Upholstery place!  (That will sell us bits that we need).

I did some other 'shopping' including at Early Settlers which was lovely!  But may need to wait till funds are less tight to get stuff from there.

Thinking about funding is depressing me so much I'm not even going to caption the below photos.  I'm sure it's all very self explanatory!










Comments

Popular