DIY Asprirations

I have dreams about DIYing everything.  I don't know why.  It's not that I'm super handy.  Just that I like doing projects.

A few weeks ago I got in my head I'd be upholstering some chairs.  These chairs:


And I managed to buy 5 chairs and 3 matching ottomans for the princely sum of $125.  Yep for the lot!  But as you can see it's quite faded in colour and the intention is to upholster them.  Thank goodness the guys from Home Upholstery is just around the corner (well about a 10 minute drive).

Here are some of the fabrics I'm considering.  Will probably go something plain and then use cushions to make it more interesting.  

Although the patterns on this one does look interesting... maybe on the 'last' one I do for the bedroom... 



The plan is to have one reading chair in the bedroom with an ottoman; two chairs with ottomans in the library and 2 chairs to go in the living area with our lounge setting (so we can seat 6+ people comfortably).

If you want your own $19 chair you should check out Johnny's Furniture in Granville.  They do ex display, seconds and ex hotel stock.  It's quite amazing when you go there:


Yep a lot more of those chairs (see how faded they are!) are available:

As well as other bits of furniture!

I also bought that round column looking timber stand you can see towards the centre of the picture:

It will have our Biorb fishtank on top of it.  May need to paint it though - esp the too shiny stainless steel bit!

more furniture


 If I get good, I may actually recover the Poang we have as well:



Comments

Popular