Microwave bonus! Appliances installed, basin taps and more!

I did a bit of a sneak peek on Tuesday as I had about 10 minutes spare between dropping off Sprocket at my mum’s place and being at the station (for an 8.30am meeting).  Luckily the site was open as we had someone there with the strange name of “Tepid Insulation”. 
The guy was up in our roof space doing his thing.  I assume it was to either relay some of he insulation or lay out the ones that were still in bags when we last saw them thrown up into the rafters. 
Anyway after making sure he knew I was around I did a quick whip around and took some photos.  I wasn’t very strategic about it and just took some shots of areas which looked ‘new’ to me.  I really should take a 6 photo series of every room.  That way I can examine it at my leisure later.  Now I just guess at what I may have missed out on.  And you guys thought I took too many photos already!  (never fear I went again on Thursday and took some more photos :) )

So the changes to the house that I noticed included:
  • Taps have now been installed in the bathrooms
  • Toilet roll holder was installed (at least in the ensuite) – I didn’t notice any towel rails though?

  • Dishwasher is not installed and the box (and dishwasher inside it) is sitting in a box in the garage
  • Loos also sitting in the garage (the pan is wrong though!)

  • Microwave surprised us as we were expecting the MF34STX but got this guy instead (score!)  I think it’s the BM32CX – the really cool thing is that it’s a convection microwave (more later)
 

  • Sink has been changed to the Prism sink and undermounted


  • The sink tap has been installed *yawn* – wow I didn’t realise they would put such a standard tap in!  Easy for us to change and we have one but still I’m surprised!

  • I didn’t uncover the cover over the stove to check it but hope it’s the right one.  It looks installed.  (All is revealed in the next post!)
  • The  rangehood (slideout version) is in
  • The oven is installed
  • Door knobs are in (another *yawn* although I must admit I’m not sold on the silver satin finish we chose!  Maybe the brass would have been better or is it just because that’s what I’m expecting as we had it in a previous home?)
  • Door locks are in (the deadbolt)
  • Laundry taps are in
  • Bathtub is in!

  • Shower head / rails are in


  • Actually the main bathroom looks complete.  But then I realised I didn’t spot any towel rails so maybe not

  • Light and Power switches are in
  • Interestingly the ensuite only has single power points installed and i think they are meant to be double power points on each side.  Something for me to check in a little bit.  (Checked and they are only SPP - I think we decided at the time it was so easy to change if we felt we needed to but really couldn't see how we'd need them as we only ever use one thing at a time)


  • Air cond controller is in (in the dog/guest corridor)
  • oh those ballerina light fittings I didn’t even take a photo of!  (standard battens with a 'china man's hat' shade)
  • or the air cond ducts.  Hmm.. I didn’t notice a return either.  I wonder where that was meant to be? (See my next post!)
So as part of the promotion we got which was the Double Up and Save where we get two of four promotions for $5000, we chose the ducted air conditioning (which we upgraded to ESP+ subsequently so an additional say $2400) and the kitchen/bathroom upgrade which included Ceasarstone benchtops, 90cm appliances and nicer sinks and tapware.  The appliance package included a Microwave designated as a MF345X which was a nice integrated one.  However I wanted to use my devices and appliances more effectively including having a grill function in the microwave as Will often will have a meat pie or pizza and heat it in the microwave and then grill it.  So we thought a convection microwave would solve that problem.  However the upgrade price was the full price of the convection microwave at retail... so we figured we could take the standard one and find out what to do after handover.  

But lo and behold!!  We have an upgraded microwave from the looks of things!!  Woohoo!!  The one installed looks like a BM32CX and sports a button labelled "convection" :)  So despite the poor review of this microwave on another site I'm excited!  

Blanco BM32CX
Spec sheet for Blanco BM32CX Microwave
According to the contract we were due this guy:
Blanco MF345X 

But I think they don't sell them anymore.  And although I think this one looks better, the handle would be sticking out... (since we don't have handles on the cupboards and drawers!)

Comments

Popular