Monument-al! 3 weeks to go


I've declared it only 3 weeks to go given we were at 5 weeks when we met up with the SS.  So firstly a couple of updated photos as we had a quick wander around the site after the Sydney downpour.  The downpipes are now painted and the meter box has also been given a lick of Monument coloured paint.

Downpipes in Monument

Meter Box in Monument

As it's Easter Monday and the shops are open, I took advantage and did a wander around Bunnings.

Bargain pot!  I didn't buy it but it would be tempting if we were already in the house...

I like this trough too!

Someone better get cracking on organising the garage floor finish!
We determined the first thing we need to do is:
1. paint the home theatre wall - decided on Monument to bring one of the outside colours in... and to keep it dark.  It's only going on the one wall.  But it's also a dependency for the carpet to be laid.  So yep it floats to the top of the 'to do' list

And the other things in the top 5 are:
2. Paint grout lines/seal grout lines.  I better work out exactly which DIY solution I'm going to use!  (See photo below)
3. Coat the garage floor
4. Driveway installation
5. Install carpet

We thought to have something like this in the corridor... 

One day we need a firepit!

Maybe something more like this for the courtyard?  We'll be making do for now.

Hanging small vanity $160 at Bunnings

We'll need a couple of these for the driveway

We need more than the two whirly birds surely!?

Or a smaller version

I wonder if this is any good?  Or should I go Aqua Mix?  Or Colour seal?

Pre made "stringers"
 Who knew that Bunnings had such a good range of feet/legs etc for furniture!?  I'm only exploring this in case I need to build a long ottoman from scratch...
Feet for furniture
 We always want to make our place feel less clinical or modern, so maybe something like this in the future?
Wall paper/texture option

Another garage floor option
I only walked out of Bunnings with two cans of spray paint.  One in a matt black colour and one in a matt dark brown.  The black is for the curtain tracks and the brown is for a possible stand for our biorb fish tank.  The stand is something we may pick up from Johnny's ex Hotel furniture place in Granville.

Over the weekend we went up to Howes Valley and I took some photos of the furniture which we'll eventually have but have to stay up there till it sells.  It makes for a fairly empty new house.  Thank goodness I'll have all my to be upholstered chairs and dining room chairs!

Our lounge setting for the living area

Reupholoster the IKEA Poang for the guest room?
 We'll be moving the desk back and bringing in the bookshelf which is still at my brother's place.  The desk looks lovely but I won't be using it...  Just there for decoration as I'll be rigging up a standing desk.
Desk for the office
 The TV with the white frame will go into the kitchen.  The TV bench will be repurposed in the study as a printer stand.  No idea what is happening with the speakers.  Prob the lounge room?
TV to the kitchen

Really can't wait to get into the new house.  It feels very close now.  Next weekend we have a few things on:
  • Visit the timber/decking place in Milperra
  • Visit the upholstery place in Revesby
  • Buy the IKEA tracking systems so W can spray paint them
  • Pick up the chairs that I'll be upholstering (and maybe buy a few other things from there)
It's getting busy!!

Comments

Popular