Splashback dilemma

The splashback for the kitchen is in.  

We went with a neutral white colour as suggested by our Colour consultant (Dulux Whisper White I think) which was meant to match the top cupboards (Parchment) but are still a bit 'green' even with the Starphire glass.  But I'm not too fussed as it was a bit of a compromise as although I love the cleanliness of it, I didn't appreciate the modern-ness of it.  And white does lend it self to be a whiteboard.  Which in my case was good... until I saw this:

It's a photo that Will took - through the window/door.  The reason I am incredulous about the through the window/door thing is that he actually walked through the house that day with the Site Supervisor!  Grrrrr.  Why not take a photo in the house?  Yeah it looks daggy but I want my dang photos :)

The only other photo of the house and splashback he took is this:


Which looks way better as I can't see that Whiteboard that is now created as a piece of white splashback has been placed right next to the peninsular.  

I found a Youtube video about removing a splashback:


And it just scared me.  

After deliberating on it we have decided to see how it goes over time and maybe we'll just get use to it.  Maybe we'll use it as a whiteboard and no one would know it wasn't some deliberate plan of ours to do that in the first place.

I did contemplating asking our SS to get it removed and paying a tradie to do it and fix up the plasterboard, but my more pragmatic nature came to the fore and we're leaving it.  If I really hate it I'm sure Will can help fix it (although I think I'd always notice any imperfections in the plasterboard after patching/fixing).

Comments

Popular