Thursday Photos + Vintage LED light globes


On Thursday morning after dropping off Sprocket I did the dash to the house to check out myself what had happened and take some photos.  Thank goodness there was someone on site doing work.  It was a guy working on sanding down the floors.  He was banging a hammer to make sure the nails were all down so sanding would be working.  And the sander was ready to go as well.  

But I literally am there for < 10 minutes.  It's just walk through and snap photos of new stuff :)

So another photo of the "whiteboard".  I think it's the shape and size and whiteness that makes it look like a whiteboard.  And maybe because it has some writing on it.  We'll pop the TV over the antenna and power point 


The kitchen and splashback:

Did you notice the join?  What join!?  YES!!!  NO JOIN!!!  So after a lot of angst about the join that would appear in the middle or to the side of the stove they didn't join it.  I'm so stoked.  It was meant to be a join after 2700mm (Correction it is 2800mm) and the length of the bench is just under 3000mm.  So someone was lovely and did the practical thing and got us a longer splashback :)  Super happy with it.

This was what was meant to happen:
As you can see I had already the discussion around moving it.  I didn't want it centred as I really hate grout lines or silicon or whatever lines.  And being behind the stove it would definitely be greasy.  Although being on a side wouldn't be much better... but they did good and made me one happy client.

Air conditioning return... I wonder why there are two here?  Smoke detector and one of those ballerina lights.  This is all sitting in the guest/dog corridor.

Guest room robe.  I'm not sure I like the styling but then it's a cupboard.  I don't care enough...

Our massive living room with the lights (ugh!) and air conditioning outlets (look good):

I really can't wait to use the space even if we won't have furniture for a while.  Don't you love the lines that the bars from the doors in the courtyard are casting on the floor?  

One thing we kept forgetting to check is the power point that we were meant to have on the kitchen peninsular end (where the whiteboard is) and moved it in consultation with the electrician as we can't put it on the whiteboard area... as it backs onto a cavity sliding door... so.... we decided to move it to the bench end.  Feels unnatural to use it for laptop charging though (compared to having it on the other end).  This photo looks very prominent but it's not that bad as we didn't notice it till I deliberately looked for it.

More oddness is the pantry although thinking about it I can't see how else it would have worked.  We wanted a corner pantry rather than a cupboard in the standard design.  (Why would you put a cupboard inside such a tiny room which is a cupboard itself!)

I'm sure we won't notice it after I fill it with pantry type stuff

Stove confirmed as correct with my wok burner on the side:

Laundry tub with the very short spout but much fancier than the kitchen tap that was supplied.  I think there will be swapping of basin taps around... This tub will likely be moved to the garage anyway as we want a bench with drop in sink down the track.  The kitchen tap will probably go with this sink or maybe just given away on Oddswop...

Linen closet (also in the laundry):

 WC with installed toilet roll holder.

 Towel rail holder in the bathroom.  It looks a bit low but I think that's from living at my MIL's place where she has higher level ones (old houses seem to have handles and everything a bit higher up).

WIR to master fit out.  We've decided not to do anything beyond putting our old IKEA Expedit shelves underneath and fitting a few of the 'cubes' out with drawers.

Ensuite has a hole in the wall... for the underfloor heating.  Not sure who is coming to fix it but I'm sure someone will:

Bathroom tap (Stylus Cadet):

And what it looks like in context:

I've also rec'd our first vintage LED lightglobe which we wanted to test to see how bright it is.  It looks good.

I probably should create a new post for this but thought I'd just throw it in here for now.

Photo of the light fitting at my MIL's where she has spiral fluros in the other fittings and we put the warm light vintage LED in the other one:


I'm quite happy with the light output and the colour.  Still trying to convince someone about getting the Pottery Barn lights but I think we'll end up with the Ottava light with Oil Rubbed Bronze (ie we need to spray it!) finish.

Comments

Popular