Back in Black (front door)

We compromised when choosing the door.  We went with the Corinthian Slimlite SLMH 202 although what I wanted was the Classic PCL 4G but didn't want to add to our costs.  I loved the idea of a traditional looking door... and I wanted it black.  But instead we got a very modern looking door.  I love it but just didn't suit the feel I wanted for the house.  The colours which we were able to choose from were limited and the darkest we could get was what we choose.  You can read more about our door adventures till now here.

So over the xmas break I decided to paint our front door black.  At Masters I got a lot of assistance and picked up some paint in a colour called "Back in Black".  It looked black... and we didn't want it black black as it could look too severe.  The paint chips in the pic below are Nightsky (Colorbond), Back in Black and Monument.  Our downpipes and roof are in Monument so that was going to be the colour of the door but I wanted it black not grey.



This was the door with painting/masking tape:


And this is what it ended up looking like:


In most daylight it looks a bit too blue and I think I should have gotten a more glossy black as it looks very patchy... 
Yep and the concrete porch bit was covered in Bradstone pavers.  An expensive exercise but worth it :)


Comments

Popular