Doubt cycle about tiles

We've been on a journey with tiles.  As I'm sure most new home builders have been.

The pre selection visit to see what is out there.
The selection process when you um and ah over what goes with what and then which direction to put them and what feature tile to add.  And then re-decide as the OH doesn't like something.  Should you go to the ceiling?  Should you have the same in all the bathrooms?  What about the laundry?

Thank goodness we aren't doing tiles for the main flooring and we're not tiling the splashback of the kitchen - less decisions!

But then... as the house looms closer to finishing do you even remember what you chose?  I certainly didn't despite taking lots of photos and looking at the photos.  When I was confronted with them they looked different!

So here is our journey so far:

Initial pre selection 


was at a totally different place (Beaumont Tiles)



Pre selection - Take 2

This time at Di Lorenzo





Real actual selections

(Read the post here)

Chosen from the upgrade tower

Feature tile with laminate (Formica Finesse Sand) and benchtop (CS Walnut) selection

Upgraded Grates

Work in progress

Doesn't look that exciting :(
Did we go too bland?
Should we have gone a bit more radical?
(read the post here)

Tiles pre grout
But it all came good (phew!!)

Looking next to the shower there is going to be a panel of paint
 The next worry... will the paint colours go?

The tub!

Main bathroom

Ensuite floor tiles

Ensuite Niche

Laundry
I particularly like how the extra large wall tile makes it to be a single tile splashback.  SCORE  (I hate grout!  Actually make that I hate dirty grout).

The grout has made all the difference in the look and feel of the tiles we have selected.  Phew!  It had me worried for a bit.
WC with tiles and the special grate
 Assume that's the LOH door (lift off hinge)
Bathtub space all clad in tiles.

Shower feature tile strip

So far so good.  Once the paint goes in and benchtop goes in we'll know how the bathrooms are going to look.

Colours is so trivial but so not trivial.  See even that is hard to decide on!  I just hope I'm not the one with the 'pink' bathroom that everyone hates in 20 years time!


Comments

  1. I think your tiles look great! I especially love your wall tile, beautiful colour. At least with paint, if you don't get the colour right, it's relatively easy to change (not that you want to have to go to that effort again, but still). Colour is one of the things I fret about so much, because I think it has such a huge impact. But at the same time, I don't think I've ever seen anything I thought was truly terrible.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular